Key Components of Breastfeeding – NE Methodist College
Key Components of Breastfeeding – Live or webinar
June 29, 2022
8:30am – 4:45pm
Cost: $84.00 for general registrants
Newer nurses and healthcare professionals who work with the postpartum women.
The purpose of this course is to lay the foundation for new nurses to best support breastfeeding mothers and promote a successful breastfeeding experience. Topics include breastfeeding benefits, contraindications, the focus of care after delivery, the ideal breastfeeding process, and overcoming breastfeeding concerns.
- Discuss the importance of maternal self-efficacy on breastfeeding success
- Describe maternal and infant benefits of breastfeeding
- Identify the hormones involved with breastfeeding and the composition of breast milk
- Demonstrate effective hand expression skills
- Evaluate infant latch and maternal positioning techniques
- Identify common breastfeeding concerns and solutions
Nurses: 6.0 contact hours awarded. Midwest Multistate Division Provider Approval #NE1022-1. Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.