Cervical Ripening and Induction/Augmentation of Labor – NE Methodist College
Cervical Ripening and Induction/Augmentation of Labor – Live and Webinar
November 15, 2022
8:30am – 4:45pm
Cost: $78.00 for general registrants
Nurses who work in labor and delivery
This program will provide information about the safe nursing care of the woman receiving cervical ripening and/or induction and augmentation of labor.
- Identify the nurse’s role in providing care during cervical ripening and induction/augmentation of labor
- Explore the induction of labor including: methods, definitions, indications and contraindications, risks, informed consent and assessments prior to induction
- Describe the physiology of uterine contractions
- Identify the pharmacological properties of prostaglandins and oxytocin
- Compare/contrast methods used for cervical ripening
- Explain the procedure for administration of oxytocin for augmentation/induction
Nurses: 6.5 contact hours awarded. Midwest Multistate Division Provider Approval #NE1022-1. Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.